Daniela Uslan, a Denver native, is an experienced elementary school teacher and tutor. She earned an M.A. in Educational Psychology from the University of Colorado at Denver in 2009. She loves working with children of all ages and helping them become better readers.
Tutoring in reading, writing and math for elementary-aged children in the Denver area
Reading, writing and math classes for children that integrate subject content with arts, technology, and movement
Classes and presentations for parents on a variety of topics, including motivating children to learn, teaching reading strategies, how to teach math, and more
Consulting services for home-school parents on tweaking online curricula to make it more integrated and meaningful
1. I believe that every child learns differently. Therefore, I tailor my tutoring to each individual student by assessing the learning styles, interests, and abilities of each student.
2. I believe that learning should be meaningful and enjoyable. I motivate students by infusing tutoring sessions with active learning, art and technology. I also forge positive relationships with students and work with parents and kids to identify and accomplish meaningful learning goals.
What You Will Gain from Working With Me:
1. Greater insights into your child’s learning styles and how to capitalize on them to maximize learning
2. A child who not only reads more effectively by enjoys reading as well
3. Peace of mind about your child’s reading abilities
4. Helpful tips on how to extend learning from tutoring sessions into your home
5. An warm and caring ally in the essential process of educating your children